Three Kids and a Dog

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Adler Gets a Dog Walker


Just as I mentioned in the last post, Adler has a dog walker. Not every day, but three times a week Jesse, from Mutt Hutt, comes over and takes Adler out with our neighbor's dog, Gunnar.

Now the first time I warned Jesse that Adler didn't like men and she might not be too receptive to him. Of course the first day, Jesse said that Adler growled at him when he came in the door. She was probably expecting to see Tom or I and then this stranger enters her house! What a suprise to her, I'm sure. But I am suprised she growled! Maybe she can be a protective dog after all! Anyway, Jesse said he grabbed some treats and laid on the kitchen floor. And sure enough within minutes she was next to him rolling on her back trying to get him to rub her belly and give her the treats. I guess it didn't take her long to warm up to him!

Glad we got a dog walker and am glad we didn't upset her day by taking her to doggie daycare instead. I think she would've been traumatized by all those barking dogs. She'd much rather enjoy the peace and quiet in the comfort of her own home.

1 Comments:

  • Dogs really do like familiar surroundings. I tell you, Adler has it made. I wish someone would get me a walker.

    By Blogger Perry, at 1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home