Three Kids and a Dog

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Round Three of Training


Adler has entered her third series of training classes. According to Call of the Wild this class works more off-leash training and distance control.

What we've found now that we've attended three classes already is that Adler's biggest problem is her inability to sit still. Regardless of what we tell her, she constantly wants to get up and greet others or wants to go investigate something happening somewhere else.

Since class last Wednesday, Tom and I have been working on the distractions while making her sit and stay in one place. She's doing better. In fact, tonight my friend Lisa came over and she did pretty well at the sit and stay and for the first time did not get so excited that she bowled her over. Maybe this training is working!

3 Comments:

  • Ha -- I was logging onto the blog so I could say that I was able to witness Adler's improvement since Round 3 of training! Ususally, when I come to the door, she knocks me down! But this time, she begrudgingly sat until she got her treat! As always, she was playful and adorable. Maybe I need to borrow her to try and get a date for my blog!!!

    By Blogger The Bachelorette, at 7:26 PM  

  • Ron get's to see Adler every third Monday - this last Monday being the most recent. Gracie isn't too happy about it. Ron got home and Gracie followed him around the entire house, smelling him. She is not happy when he comes home smelling of another girl. Bailey didn't care at all!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:36 PM  

  • Good job Adler's Mom. I think the key to training a dog is working with them everyday.

    By Blogger Perry, at 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home