Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Leaving Adler


It's hard to do. It's like she instinctively knows when my big suitcase comes up from our storage room downstairs that I'm leaving her. And try shutting the door on those big brown, sad eyes. It's just hard to do.

My most recent trip had me traveling to Las Vegas for work for almost an entire week (hence my lack of regular posts). And although Tom's great about sending me pictures of Adler when I am away, I still miss her. Tom and I do talk about Adler's antics each day, and last Sunday I got an earful.

Tom was playing golf with his brother in Long Grove. Per usual, he brought Adler with him so she could enjoy the green grass of the suburbs. However, while Tom and his brother were away playing golf, the front door of their house suddenly blew open by the wind (I guess this happens when the door isn't properly locked) and it became a free for all for potential burglars and for Adler. So picture this....Tom gets home from golf with his brother, the front door is wide open. Their first thoughts turn to someone breaking into the house and Adler. They view Adler's toys on the front lawn and step hesitantly into the entryway. Adler, fast asleep on the second floor somewhere, comes bounding downstairs to greet them. After a quick check of the rest of the house they deduce that the wind was the culprit, but Adler had been outside since her toys were lying on the front lawn. She just decided to go back in and wait til Tom and his brother arrived back home. Good thing too...I think there are coyotes in Long Grove and Adler is afraid of her own shadow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home