Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Two Years

Today marks two years since we lost Adler. I can't believe it's been that long. That long since I've seen her in her usual spots behind the sofa (we have a console table there now) or on the landing of our stairs (Sadie sometimes lays there and it makes me smile when she does) or in my workout room laying at the base of my treadmill waiting for me to finish.

 We honor her memory daily through her tribute Sadie. For there is no better way to honor and remember her than by bringing another Bernese Mountain Dog home.  Honor because she was such an awesome dog we couldn't bring ourselves not to get another. And, remember because even though their personalities are different there are so many similarities between the two due to their being the same breed.

 The pain of losing her has been replaced with smiles and fond memories. We visit her and think of her often in our thoughts and words as well as through our home videos of when the kids were younger. She'll always be there...captured in time at different ages. And, we'll always remember our sweet girl Addie who may be gone now from this world for two years but never gone from our hearts.

Goodnight my sweet Addie girl.

XOXO


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home