Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Bump, Set, Spike!

This afternoon, after attending four of Austen's games (soccer and lacrosse) over the last two days we went to watch Peyton in her first volleyball game. I wasn't planning on signing up Peyton for volleyball but one of her good friends was signing up and asked if she wanted to join. Trying to find some type of physical activity that Peyton enjoyed, I said yes (after checking with Tom to make sure he was committed to taking her to her game if Austen had a conflicting soccer game as I don't miss soccer!).

I wasn't so sure this sport would stick either as Peyton would rather spend more time at home with me or playing with the neighbor kids than actually participating in any type of team activity. Actually, the only activity that I have to say that she's passionate about is Indian Princesses (think Girl Scouts but with Dads).

At any rate, I was pleasantly surprised by how well Peyton did today. The soft volleyball and the modified rules helped get the girls used to playing real volleyball. Instead of returning a serve they must catch the ball from the serve to get the side out. Peyton caught the most balls on her team today and did better than I thought she would. We still need to work on her serve though. But dare I say she might like volleyball. I'd be thrilled if she found something she really liked and it involved some type of physical activity!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home