Three Kids and a Dog

Monday, March 27, 2017

Turks and Caicos 2017 - Part 1



My kids are incredibly spoiled. Mostly because their mom likes vacations but also because we can afford to take them to nice places. Most people don't go to the Cayman Islands or Turks and Caicos on Spring Break with their children. In fact, while my family went on more vacations than my husband's family, I don't recall too many spring breaks other than the year we went to the Bahamas and my brothers spent a lot of time in the hotel room watching TV which really pissed off my dad!

I'm happy that we are making memories as a family and my kids are getting to experience different places. I'm also happy that it's getting easier to travel as my kids are getting older. On the flight to Turks about halfway through I was thinking that this was almost easy as my 3.5 year old sat next to me watching her iPad. I was jolted back to reality when I heard whimpering next to me and turned to see that Hailey had just vomited all over herself. With Austen plugging his nose and creating a bigger scene than the smell, I tried as best I could to wipe her off before summoning help from Tom and the flight attendant, Luckily, we had carried on 2 small suitcases with clothes for Austen and Peyton (which we never do but was really grateful that this time we did!), I quickly moved her to the back of the plane where I stripped her down, threw her soiled clothes in a plastic bag and put on Peyton's clothes that were about 3 sizes too big for her but didn't look completely ridiculous. Meanwhile, Tom sopped up her seat before the smell became too bad and we settled in for the remainder of the flight with me silently hoping we land before she had to throw up again! So much for an easy flight!

We landed without another incident only to find out that they lost our stroller. Good thing our kid is 3.5 and in between needing one. In fact, we almost didn't bring one but with her now being under the weather it would have been nice to have as we waited for our bags and passed through customs. Even so, Hailey was a trooper even with what we found out was a low grade fever.

Stay tuned to find out if we ever got our stroller back, how our rental car got covered in mud and other details from our spring break 2017 in my next post!


Watching the planes on our departure

So excited to leave!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home