Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, February 05, 2017

The Things My Girls Say...


It's been a pretty funny week.

First, one evening I'm in the girls' bathroom blow drying Hailey's hair by Peyton's sink since the hairdryer is on Peyton's side of the bathroom and all of a sudden Hailey starts saying:

"Clean"
"Messy"
"Clean"
"Messy"

I didn't get what she was talking about until she starts pointing to her sink then Peyton's sink. Sure enough Peyton had globs of pink toothpaste in her sink and all around it while Hailey's was spic and span. I couldn't help but laugh because Hailey sure does have Peyton's number. She's clearly the messiest out of all 3 of my kids. In fact, Tom has a quarterly clean out with her that takes at least 1-2 hours because she just throws stuff under her bed - anything from church bulletins to restaurant menus to little pictures of animals she has cut out. I hope it's true that messiness is a sign of intelligence or at least great creativity otherwise I see her future being on an episode of "Hoarders!"

Second, I'm volunteering in the library for Peyton's class this past Thursday when her teacher approached me and said, "Peyton, just makes me laugh with all of her talk about Donald Trump. You have a very liberal democrat on your hands," she tells me. Luckily, I'm pretty sure her teacher is a democrat so I don't sweat it too much although I've told Peyton she can't talk politics with her friends at school. It's not like Tom and I are die hard politicians who talk about politics all that often at home but the way Peyton talks you would think we do. She told her friend across the street who had a Trump sign in their yard as well as her classmates that Trump hates girls so we shouldn't like him. And, then she proceeds to tell her class that Trump is keeping families apart because he won't let some people back in the country. Yes, Tom and I were talking about that because my college friend has an Iranian-born wife who was traveling and couldn't get back in the country and I don't feel like I should have to hide what's been going on in our country from my kids. I wish she didn't talk about it so much at school but she's taken such an interest in Trump and politics. Who knows - maybe she'll be working in Washington, DC, one day. 

It does make me laugh though. My girls are clearly not afraid to share what's on their minds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home