Three Kids and a Dog

Thursday, August 07, 2014

Summer Vacation Week (Part) 2

It took me awhile but the last few years I finally learned that to feel like I really had a vacation, I needed to take two weeks off instead of one. 

So after we returned from a week in Michigan, I had another week off for my summer staycation. The kids were off too meaning no camps.

So what did we do? Because I needed to have plans?!

Hit the pool twice. Austen is becoming more brave. He went off the diving board. So he jumped only but hey, it's a start. Hailey is getting more used to re water too.



Went mini golfing much to Austen's liking. Second time for him and he again got three holes in one and it was a challenging course (more on my little competitor in a separate post).


They also made their own mini golf course. Very creative of them! It was awesome!



The zoo (Peyton wanted to see the giraffes). She was fascinated by the dolphins though.




The Children's museum. Austen was more interested than Peyton aside from the water play. I remember this museum being so much better about 10 years ago when I took my niece! I think it is time for an update!



A movie - Planes 2. No,Hailey didn't go! She had a babysitter which was nice to just spend time with the older two.

Back to school shopping where they got to pick out some of their own clothes. With my stamp of approval of course!

Hailey also started to hold her bottle too during this week. Makes feeding her a whole lot easier unless you are not watching her in the car, high chair and she dumps the whole thing upside down and shakes it, soaking herself. We have had to take apart and wash the entire car seat because she did this recently. Of course she soaked herself too.



All in all, we did a lot of fun things. The kids have been enjoying time off with mom, dad and both their grandmas. But, I think even they will be ready to go back to school soon.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home