Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, August 04, 2013

House Progress

So how is the house coming most people ask me almost daily now.  My common response is not as fast as I would like.  The school year is fast approaching. In fact, Austen starts in 18 days to be exact and he won't be starting from our new home.  He'll be commuting with his dad for almost a month, we think.

I don't love it, but I can stomach that one. I'll be taking off his first week and a half of school so I will be picking him up most days and doing orientation with Peyton for her new school, which starts after Labor Day.  We're not sure how we are going to handle her commute either since she doesn't start until 11:30 a.m.! Yikes! I'm hoping it will all just work itself out.

But the house is definitely showing signs of progress. It's becoming more familiar and Tom and I have chosen/selected almost everything we need to choose at this point so we're ahead of the game in that regard.  Can't wait for the brick to go on and the dry wall to go up and then the paint! I think then it will start to feel like a home. Our home.

Here are some recent pictures.

The front with all dormers and roof on. Brick is hopefully coming soon! Windows are in.



View of our big deck for all of our future happening parties and then the rest of the backyard that Austen can't wait to play in. 


The back has had more progress than this as you can tell by the first photo but this is a nice photo of my dad and I with my big belly at the back of our house.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home