Three Kids and a Dog

Saturday, October 06, 2012

Hat Trick

For those of you who don't know what a hat trick is, it's when a player scores three goals.  Austen had his first hat trick today during his soccer game.  I wasn't there to see it in person (I'm in San Diego for work) and yes, he's only five but still a big accomplishment.  His team scored four goals and Austen scored three of them. 

This is his fourth week of play and I think he's scored six goals total already.  Now I come from a big soccer family.  I played the game since I was about 4, so I can say that Austen seems to have a good understanding of the game for a five year old.  He's a natural defender but will break away to score goals and he's got some speed too.

I love watching him play.  And, I think it would be hard if he wasn't good at the game that I love or even worse, if he didn't want to play at all.  Lucky for me, he does right now, and I'm loving every minute of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home