Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mother of Two

This was my first Mother's Day being a mom to two (really a mom to three if you count my girl, Adler!). We started celebrating on Thursday, really, at Austen and Peyton's school. Austen's class had some morning festivities where I got to watch him play with all the "work" that he likes (puzzles are his favorites) and then we got to share a special snack (heart shaped cookies - Austen ate mine!). He also made me a special little present...handprint with a nice little saying on it and a magnet on the back to stick on the fridge. I remember making one for my parents when I was small but the poem still brought a tear to my eye as I read the words and realized that one day Austen would be all grown up. Here it is:

Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls.

But every day I'm growing -
I'll be grown some day
And all those tiny handprints
Will surely fade away.

So here's a little handprint
Just so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was very small.

That afternoon it was Peyton's turn to celebrate with me. I got a corsage from her class and got to meet a lot of the other moms and spend time with my happy girl.

Saturday, I went to the spa with my mom, did a little shopping and went out to dinner. What could be a better way to celebrate Mother's Day?!

And, today we spent the day with my mom and mother in law. My kids were good - daddy, helped them make me a special card - and it was a nice, sunny day. Pretty much a perfect day...if only Adler was there. Then our little family would have been complete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home