Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, March 07, 2010

Look! They're the Same!


Lately, Austen is really into finding things that are the same. Sometimes he'll say that his shirt is the same color as the one his dad is wearing or that he's wearing jeans too but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about finding the exact same thing and pointing it out to us.

- Last week during bedtime, Austen was selecting a book. He told me that this book has a parachute on it like this other book he pulls out. He was referring to the spine of one book and the spine of another. Sure enough the publisher's logo was a parachute. It was so small too, I couldn't believe he noticed.

- Austen and I were driving to the bank one day and we were waiting at a stop light. All of a sudden he points to my left yelling, "Look, Mommy - they're the same truck!" Sure enough two Fed Ex trucks were waiting at the stop light right in a row.

_ There are many other examples of Austen saying things are the same but the one that blew Tom and me away was when we were out to breakfast this week. Austen was being nosy and observing a dad with his two kids. All of a sudden Austen started saying, "Look Daddy, he has the same shoes as you!" Sure enough he was right. He had the same New Balance sneakers as Tom. And, I'm not just talking the brand. It was the exact same style of shoe.

I don't know what Austen is going to be when he grows up but I have a feeling it's going to be something that requires an eye for detail!

1 Comments:

  • I Love the way Peyton and Austen are looking at each other! Can't wait to see them this weekend!!

    By Blogger Busy Mom, at 6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home