Three Kids and a Dog

Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Biggest Loser! Adler!



Took Adler to the vet this past week for her annual exam. At her last check up the vet told me that she really needed to lose some weight and that her health and long life depended on it. I really took this to heart because as most of you know I really, really love that dog. And, I was going to do everything in my power to make sure that she is healthy and lives forever! In fact, I remember coming home from the appointment and telling Tom she needed to lose weight and how committed I was to it. He was like "Yeah, right, you're going to have to stop feeding her all those treats you give her then!"

So here was the moment of truth. We knew she was definitely skinnier than the 81.6lbs she weighed last February. Tom and I were taking bets. 73 he said. I said 74. So imagine my surprise when she got on the scale and she weighed.....66.6 lbs!! I was shocked and really worried that maybe she was too thin. I had cut down on her dry food and started supplementing with a lot of frozen green beans but I wasn't denying her any treats. I was still giving her as many as before and we know Adler was benefitting from cleaning up after Austen's meals.

When we got in the exam room, Adler's vet (who owns a Berner as well) came into the room so incredibly happy that Adler had lost 15 lbs. since her last check up. She thought Adler's weight was perfect. She praised me for taking her weight loss seriously. I told her I'd do anything to ensure her longevity - because to me, she is my first born.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home