Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, April 04, 2010

Peyton's First Easter


Not that she knew it or that she got to enjoy the many Easter egg hunts lined up for Austen or all the Easter baskets she received, but it was Peyton's first official holiday. She looked so cute in her sunflower dress and canary yellow bolero sweater and matching yellow bow!

We started out the day at home. Austen could hardly wait to go through his Easter basket this morning and go on his Easter egg hunt. Of course, he already spied much of his loot when I brought it home from the store. I thought I could get it in the house without him seeing anything but one bag happened to fall over and out popped his chocolate bunny holding a basketball. I had to pry it out of his little hands much to his dismay and tell him that it was for Easter. The next 10 minutes was met with a lot of whining and telling me that he wanted the Easter bunny with the basketball. I heard that a lot over the last two weeks. I think I lucked out though because he didn't know it was chocolate yet. Speaking of chocolate - Austen decided to open all his plastic eggs and eat all the candy before and after breakfast. Good thing we were going to my brother's so he could run off that sugar high in a real backyard! When he was tired, my brother pulled him and his cousin, Luke, in a wagon around the yard.




Peyton got a lot of attention from both sides of the family. Everyone wanted to hold her and she let them:)








Austen and Peyton cleaned up on Easter baskets from both their Grandmas. Aunt Maria and Uncle Bob had an Easter egg hunt all set up for Austen complete with cars that looked like Easter eggs (Austen thought that was cool). And, Papa spoiled them rotten too with cards and presents for their piggy banks.

Phew...I'm tired but it was a fun day to see Austen and Peyton hang out with their grandparents, aunts, uncles and of course their cousins!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home