Three Kids and a Dog

Monday, May 03, 2010

Peyton's Baptism

Well, my happy girl was baptized this past weekend. She looked like an absolute angel in her christening gown (thanks, mom!), socks, bib and hat! Why do you need all these accessories to the gown? My mom told me they all came together but I thought the hat made her look like something out of Little House on the Prairie so I kept it off. Sorry, Austen, I know I made you wear yours, but with the second you're more willing to break the rules.

Anyway, the day was turning out great. The priest was good - not quick - but good. Or maybe he was quick and I was just counting the minutes until the ceremony was done not because of the height of my new shoes, but because of the three year old attached to my legs. Seriously, Austen was a piece of work at his own baptism and he decided to not let his reputation to act up during baptisms go done in history. He wanted to stand at the altar with Tom and I, which was fine. My mom coaxed him back to the pew with a lollipop, which he crunched for a few minutes before he was back up at the altar again. Next thing I know, he did something he's never done before - he literally wrapped his arms and legs around my ankles and would not let go! Good thing I wasn't holding Peyton because I seriously thought he was going to take me down. Instead of creating a scene, I chose to ignore his antics and hope he got bored with his koala bear hold before he took me down. And, he did but only to circle behind us to the short altar steps where he chose to show the whole congregation that he could jump from step to step. At this point, I had to grab him. Seriously, whose kid was this that was acting so fresh?!

Back to Peyton - she did great when the water/oil were poured on her head. She didn't even cry. I give her extra points too because it turned out she wasn't feeling well. She got a raging cold that night/next morning. She's on the mend now and feeling better but I still give her props for waiting to get sick until after her big day.

(Special thanks to my aunt from Boston who made the trip out to meet Peyton and help her celebrate her big day!)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home