Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, May 17, 2009

75.6


I am so proud of Adler. Back in February, I took her to the vet for her annual check up and Adler's doctor told me that she really needed to lose some weight. She was down about .2 pounds from the previous year but she still had a few more lbs. to lose. The doctor recommended replacing her canned green beans with frozen ones and giving her more of them and less of her dry food. In addition, the doctor recommended carrots. So since the end of February, Adler's been getting one cup of food supplemented by her vegetables twice a day.

I knew she was losing weight because I could now feel her ribs which is what you are supposed to feel on a healthy dog. Sure enough, Adler went for her heartworm test on Friday and we were able to weigh her. Adler is down to 75.6 lbs!! That's 6 lbs. less than in February when she was last weighed!

I was so proud of her I rewarded her with a few extra treats!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home