Three Kids and a Dog

Monday, March 09, 2009

Choo Choo!


Austen loves trains - they are probably his most favorite thing right now next to Elmo. So Tom's mom actually suggested we take him to a restaurant that delivers food to its patrons on a motorized train. I guess there are several of these around and most of them are right next to the railroad tracks in suburban towns.

Well, this weekend, we needed to get out of the house after being kept inside by the rain. We met my dad, brother and nieces at "2 Toots Train Whistle Grill" in Glen Ellyn. Austen loved it! He got to sit right next to the counter where the train chugged by with the food. I just had to make sure he didn't derail the whole thing because he was so excited and wanted to grab the train! But, it definitely kept him entertained throughout dinner.

I think the highlight of his dinner though was the dessert. He got a cupcake deliverd to him by train that was decorated with multi-colored sprinkles and a train whistle in the shape of a little train on top. He figured out right away how to blow the whistle which made for some good entertainment and thankfully,it wasn't too loud. Wouldn't you know I had to pry that little choo choo whistle out of his fingers last night after his bath! (yes, he had to bring it in the tub).

I think we'll make a trip back sometime since I don't think he's growing out of the train phase anytime soon. As one of my friends said when I had a boy, "Welcome to the Island of Sodor." For all of you moms with boys out there, you know what I mean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home