Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Now I Know My ABCs...

Austen is a little sponge these days repeating everything we say or at least trying too. I guess that means we had better be watching our language! He is a little chatterbox too and likes to ask "what's that?" or point out all the things he sees on a trip in the car or a walk with Adler like choo choo trains, garbage trucks, big trucks, mailboxes, basketball hoops and of course airplanes!

He's finally showed an interest too in his books (which I am thrilled about since I love books) but he insists on reading them to us and not having them read to him!
Some of his recent favorites are "Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed," "The Runaway Bunny" (he says the net used to catch fish in the book is a basketball hoop), "Big Red Barn," and this book about all the things "on the go" that my friend Shannon bought him. He always wants to turn to the train pages and yells "oh no!" at the end when all the modes of transportation collide.

Lately, he's also been going around the house singing songs he's learned at school like Bingo...B-I-N-G-O, B-I-N-G-O, he chants repeatedly. He likes to sing his ABCs too. Here's one of his recent performances.

2 Comments:

  • Yeah Vivi gets a little lost on the "Now I know my ABC's" part too.. so adorable! We have to get them together for another zoo trip or park visit or something!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:00 PM  

  • Too cute. He's gonna love this when he's 40

    By Blogger Perry, at 5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home