Three Kids and a Dog

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Adler's New Friends


Adler's been hanging out with some new friends lately. They are Austen's bunny and mini teddy bear. I've come home from work every day this week to find at least one of these stuffed animals, sometimes both, on our bed. And, Friday they both greeted me at the front door.

Adler doesn't usually touch any of Austen's toys no matter what we leave out but recently we moved Austen's stuffed animals out of his crib and into a chair in his room. I figured Adler must be feeling lonely during the day and go into Austen's room seeking some company. And, even though there are probably 10 other stuffed animals in this chair, she repeatedly selects the bunny and the teddy bear even when I've made them a little harder for her to get.

The funny thing is that she doesn't do anything to these stuffed animals. They are in good shape when I find them. She doesn't tear them apart and much to my surprise they aren't all wet from her licking them to death. But, she does suck up to me when I find them throughout the house. She knows she's not supposed to be playing with them because they aren't hers but she simply can't resist. I must be a sucker for her brown eyes because when she was sucking up to me the other day trying to apologize for playing with them,I told her it was all okay and it would be good for Austen to learn how to share.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home