Three Kids and a Dog

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

My Vacuum Cleaner...Adler


It's great having a dog when you have a toddler around just for the fact that you don't have to whip out the dustbuster or the broom or constantly bend down to pick up food off the floor when your 2-year-old thinks it's funny to throw his food on the floor or accidentally drops something there.

Now, I know it's probably not good for Adler's waistline but we've cut back on her food to be able to let her enjoy these free snacks in the morning, at night and three times a day on the weekends. However, trying to get her to go outside when Austen's eating is like trying to get my mom out of a store when there's some great deals going on. It's not easy. But the part that I have to laugh at is that Adler parks herself pretty much under Austen's chair and her long-haired fur catches some of this misplaced food so she inevitably wanders around with food stuck in her hair. Check out this photo of a piece of macaroni and cheese stuck in her fur by her ear.

She doesn't seem to mind though. In fact, I think she might've been saving it for later.

1 Comments:

  • Dogs are great for that. I think my dad used to drop food on the floor on purpose just to give the dogs treats.

    By Blogger Perry, at 5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home