Three Kids and a Dog

Monday, December 22, 2008

Adler's Angels


I keep meaning to bring my camera with me everytime I walk Adler in this weather. It definitely is her kind of weather. It's December in Chicago, there's lots of snow and it's cold. But, Adler doesn't seem to mind at all. It seems she could stay outside for hours in it just taking it all in.

Tom/I have been taking her to a school with a big empty field about a block away so she can tire herself out and enjoy this great weather she thinks we're having. She usually begins her snow adventures by lying down on the cold snow. She then buries her nose in the snow looking for groundhogs or something and then playfully rolls her 80 lb. body onto her back and frantically rolls back and forth like she's itching her back but she's making dog angels! Afterward, she'll run a few good laps after the ball I brought with me or she'll lay contentedly in the snow enjoying the quiet and the million lights of the city. She looks like all is right with the world and this is exactly where she's supposed to be. I'll have to admit, she does look good in the snow.

1 Comments:

  • That's cute! I wish my dog did that... she's a German Shepherd and prefers sitting by the fire to being in the snow. Shadow is definitely a summer dog.

    By Blogger Artemis., at 9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home