Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Adler's Latest Antics


Lately I've been coming home from work each day to find more and more hair on my bed. Actually, I guess I should say clumps of hair! I suspected that Adler liked to get on our bed while we're gone during the week to groom herself, but yesterday when I stepped out of the shower and into our room, there was my Bernese Mountain Dog laying on my bed like it was the most natural thing in the world and she did it every day. It was at that moment that my mind changed from... she is only up there for a few minutes each afternoon to... she sleeps on our bed almost the entire afternoon! Strange? Some may think not that strange, but our dog has never been a fan of beds. Mostly because she gets too hot and probably because Tom never let her sleep on ours. She must be getting old (almost four!) and require the nicer things in life now. Well, one of those things is her birthday present...coming soon. Maybe she'll take a break from our bed then!

PS. Last night Adler also outsmarted us and ended up getting two dinners. Well, actually it was probably our fault. As Tom was rushing out the door to get to a work event he said he told me Adler had been fed. Well, I either didn't hear him or he didn't tell me so Adler got two meals last night. She wasn't complaining.

1 Comments:

  • Dogs really should get extra food as a treat every so often. They deserve it.

    By Blogger Perry, at 12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home