Three Kids and a Dog

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Abbie! Abbie!


Who is Abbie you’re probably asking…well, if you ask Austen it’s Adler. Our 22-month-old who has been saying ‘Adler’ pretty well since he was about one, has now resorted to calling her ‘Abbie!’

I guess it’s really my fault or so Tom tells me. My nickname for Adler is ‘Addie’ and I do call her this probably at least half of the time I’m talking to her. Well, it turns out our little sponge has picked up calling her this as well, which wouldn’t be so bad if he was calling her ‘Addie’ and not ‘Abbie!’

Not one for nicknames, Tom (yes, his real name is Thomas so I can’t figure that one out) has insisted on only calling her Adler so he’s not too thrilled that Austen has picked up on my endearing little nickname for our Berner girl.

I’m sure it’s just a phase like when he refused to call my dad ‘papa’ for about a month or two and kept saying ‘poppy!’ The ‘ie’ or ‘y’ is just so much more fun to say!

2 Comments:

  • Too cute! I find it funny that Tom doesn't like nicknames. I can't say the same for your brother! As you know he never calls anyone by their real name.

    By Blogger Busy Mom, at 8:00 PM  

  • Yeah, let's not reveal what he calls me:)

    By Blogger Adler's Mom, at 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home