Three Kids and a Dog

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Coming Home


Well my seven days in Las Vegas came to an end yesterday and I couldn't wait to get home and see Austen and Adler (okay, Tom too!).

When I came in the front door Adler was so excited to see me that she followed me around trying to jump on me for at least 10 straight minutes. She then wouldn't let me out of her sight for the next two hours until I went to pick up Austen. I'd say she missed me.

After Austen's nap time at school, I went to pick him up. I couldn't wait to see him. I knew he had his moments missing me while I was gone. The one that broke my heart but secretly made me feel good occurred the morning after I left. As told to me by Tom, Austen went to find me in bed and was so upset that I wasn't there that he starting crying, 'mommy! mommy! mommy!' He then proceeded to run down our hallway crying and threw himself on the floor. Tom finally got him calmed down by showing him pictures of me. Of course there were a few other mommy moments too but all in all Tom said things went well and I think Austen was really happy to see me since he kept grabbing the back of my head with both of his hands and planting big fat kisses on my face throughout the rest of the day.

Last night, Tom also had an "aha" moment from when I was gone. Austen was eating his ice cream - his reward for eating a good dinner - and I asked Austen if he wanted sprinkles. He nodded vigorously. Tom mentioned that he didn't give Austen sprinkles when he gave him ice cream when I was gone. I said, Austen always has sprinkles on his ice cream! Tom then went to look at some video he took of Austen for me while I was gone. Sure enough one was of Austen eating ice cream and pointing to the cabinet with the sprinkles in it. Tom missed that sign only to see it later when we watched the video. Next time, Austen, daddy will remember the sprinkles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home