Three Kids and a Dog

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Austen's Latest Mannerism


Ask Austen where Adler is or where daddy is or anything else he doesn't know at the moment and he promptly shrugs his shoulders and turns up the palms of his hands to give you that "I don't know" expression. I mean seriously, where did he learn how to do this?

It wasn't daycare because I showed them this and they didn't even know he could do it. And, it wasn't TV because he doesn't watch that much or even like it all that much either. And, it wasn't us - Tom and I don't use that expression. So he must've seen it somewhere even if only one time and now it's ingrained in him if you ask him a question. Sometimes it almost seems like I have a teenager on my hands -- when I ask a question that he doesn't want to answer he looks at me and shrugs his shoulders with those innocent little palms turned upward. Oh, it's going to be a long 16 1/2 years til he leaves for college (but I'm looking forward to most of it).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home