Three Kids and a Dog

Saturday, September 13, 2008

I'm Not Your Monkey


That's what Austen's going to be telling me because from now on I'm going to be calling him "monkey."

That's because of what he did today. He was supposed to be taking a nap. I had just put him in his crib and Tom and I were just settling in to have some lunch when we heard a thud. We thought it came from our neighbors upstairs but quickly realized it may not have when seconds later we heard high pitched crying. Tom went to Austen's room to see what had happened and I heard him say, "how did you get out of your crib?!" My brain quickly deduced that our little monkey had finally figured out how to climb out the crib!

I ran to Austen's room and caught a glimpse of him crying and rubbing his head. I'm sure his head hurt because for the next 10 minutes he kept rubbing it. I checked him out. No blood. No visible bumps or bruises and he didn't seem like he had a concussion so all in all my little monkey was okay. I think he probably scared himself more than his head hurt. Although I'm not going to say that the fall will prevent him from trying again. I bet he will.

1 Comments:

  • maybe you should put him to bed with a helmet on.

    By Blogger Perry, at 7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home