Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Austen and Adler's Day at the Photographer

Friday, Austen, Adler, my mom and I headed to Picture People at Yorktown Mall. They were having a "Pets Weekend" where you could bring your pet and have him/her photograped. Perfect I thought because Austen was due for his six-month picture.

I enlisted my mom to help since she's off of school for the summer (well, sort of) and I knew handling Austen and Adler in this situation was going to prove a little difficult. I mean how was I supposed to change Austen into his three different outfits if I had to keep my eye on Adler at all times?!


Anyway, my mom and I met at the mall. It was a little weird walking Adler through one of the main entrance doors in the mall. (You aren't allowed to go through a department store). I felt a little strange. I wanted to tell people that Picture People were having a special pet day and so on this day, yes, pets were allowed in the mall. But nobody asked. People just stared and kids pointed or wanted to play with Adler.


We made it into the studio without incident. It's a big open space with three different studios within that space -with no boundaries. I can see the people next to me getting their premature daugther photographed. And, I know there is a dog in another studio that I can't see but quickly get to meet. The dog came bounding over and Adler quickly got up from her "stay" position to check out the new dog. But I'm proud to say it only took two quick, stern calls of "Adler, front!" and she came running back to me. Needless to say, Adler did great. She sat very nicely next to Austen and we got some great pictures. Although I do have to say it's very difficult to get a dog and a six-month old's attention at the same time. Anyway, we got some good shots, Adler's training paid off, and it was an adventure for all of us and that is all that counts.

4 Comments:

  • I love this picture of Austen and Adler! It would, without a doubt, win first prize in a contest.

    Auntie DoDo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:27 PM  

  • I would've pretended I was blind as I walked Adler through the mall.

    By Blogger Perry, at 6:14 PM  

  • I love the picture - I hope you have some extras for your friends.:)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:09 PM  

  • This photo ALMOST makes me want to get a dog for the girls. Almost - then I figured I could just borrow yours!!! Too cute! There better be one for us.

    Nina

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home