Three Kids and a Dog

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Saving Kim

Who is Kim you're probably asking. Well, I haven't actually met Kim but I've heard a lot about her. She's this adorable dog who lives behind my friend Lisa, whose owners don't treat her very well. Just a week or so ago, Lisa called me at work telling me she had called 311 on her neighbors because they left the poor dog outside on the back porch in the rain. Well, I shouldn't say 'left' because they were at home -just not letting the dog in the house.

Poor Kim was alternating between curling up in a ball on the cover of the grill that had blown to the ground and running headfirst into the back door trying to get inside. Lisa's giving me the play by play over the phone and I can hear poor Kim barking in the background. (Must've been when she was running into the door.) How sad. 311 can't do much so I tell Lisa that the Anti-Cruelty Society must have some number you can call too. Lucky for Kim, I find it online and give it to Lisa prompting her to call. I'm glad she does. Now Kim's abuse is on record and the Anti-Cruelty Society will keep tabs on poor Kim. Unlike my last post, I encourage these people to give away their dog. (Either that or Lisa and I are dognapping it.) They just aren't pet owner material. I think how lucky Adler is to have us taking care of her. Of course we were required to go on two hour interviews to "adopt" her so Kim's parents wouldn't have had a chance.

2 Comments:

  • I love this photo of Austen & Adler. It's obvious they like each other's company.
    I love you Austen and I love you too, Adler.

    Auntie DoDo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:47 PM  

  • Poor Kim -- she still needs saving! Now these creepy, bad owners got a second dog! I'll be calling the Anti-cruelty society again soon I'm sure. Pretty much every time it rains, they leave her out on the porch to fend for herself. I've looked into ways to get on the porch to dognap her, but so far, I'd need a really big ladder and I can't imagine Kim & I making down the ladder alive -- she's at least 60 lbs.

    By Blogger The Bachelorette, at 6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home