Three Kids and a Dog

Friday, March 09, 2007

This Week with Adler


Adler, Austen and I have been going out for walks regularly at dinnertime. There’s been a few things that are worth mentioning from our walks this week:

Adler notices helicopters and airplanes – yes, it was as if Austen got his first tooth or smiled for the first time. I was excited to see Adler looking up into the sky and following airplanes and helicopters. Smart dog – I mean what dog is really interested in air travel? Although I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t want to ride on one!

Adler still gets all the attention – while walking past our local bar with Austen and Adler, Adler stops to sniff a lamppost. I pause with her and notice a guy inside the bar pointing at Adler and giving me the thumbs up. I hear him through the windows yell – “great dog!” He then comes running outside to give her a pet. Of course, Adler, not a friend of most males promptly backs up and starts barking at him. She settles down after he gives her a treat and then revels in the attention he gives her. No mention of Austen tucked snugly in his Bugaboo stroller – it’s all about Adler.

1 Comments:

  • I guess it's a good thing your blog is called Raising Adler instead of Raising Austen.

    I know I used to like petting random dogs (and still do on occasion) but I've mostly stopped because you never know which ones will bite or not.

    But Adler's cool. I wonder if that's true of all her kind.

    By Blogger Perry, at 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home