Three Kids and a Dog

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Threes Company


It's just the three of us now during the day...Adler, Austen and me. I don't think Adler gets as much sleep as she did when we were gone all day or even when Tom worked from home. She's not all that interested in Austen but continues to follow me around all day wanting to play.


Yesterday I actually bundled Austen up and put him in the Baby Bjorn so that the three of us could go for a walk. It felt good to get out and know that I could handle both of them. I think the hardest part was getting out the door. First I had to bundle Austen up and soon learned that his snowsuit was too big and fluffy for him to fit in the Baby Bjorn so I had to redress him. Of course this is all while I had my own coat on because you can't leave him all bundled up while I find my coat, Adler's leash, treats, bags, keys and cell phone.


Anyway, after about 15 minutes of getting ready and Adler waiting patiently by the door we were off. It was cold so we were only out for about 20 minutes but just enough time for a woman walking down the street toward us to say "what a beautiful Bernese." Even when I'm toting a newborn baby boy, Adler is still the one who can turn heads.

3 Comments:

  • Oh my, I can't believe how big and alert Austen looks already! Adler will grow to love Austen and they will be the best of playmates.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:15 PM  

  • You are brave to go out in this cold weather! But it's good to get out of the house. You must be going a bit stir crazy being inside all the time.

    By Blogger Perry, at 5:47 AM  

  • What a beautiful photo. Thanks for sharing it.
    Love, Auntie DoDo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home