Three Kids and a Dog

Friday, January 19, 2007

Adler Meets Austen


Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I've been out of commission after giving birth to Austen Thomas on January 11th. But now I'm back and Adler and I have some new material from her introduction to little Austen.

The Intro- Tom brought home Austen's baby blanket from the nursery about two days before Austen came home from the hospital. According to Tom, she sniffed it and that was about it. He tried again later and she gave him a look that said "why do you keep putting this in my face?" When we brought Austen home from the hospital, I don't even think she noticed him. She was more excited to see me since I hadn't seen her in almost four days. It took about 10 minutes before she knew we brought someone else home with us.

The First Night - Like a protective mother dog, every time Austen woke up and cried, Adler woke up and ran over to see what he was crying about. The first night this happened about five or six times. This didn't last though, the next few nights home, Adler wised up and so did Austen. Austen was sleeping longer and Adler no longer even got up when she heard Austen crying.

Already Partners in Crime - During dinner on our coffee table in front of our tv one night, Austen needed to be changed. Both Tom and I headed into the bedroom to change him, leaving our food on the table. Adler had always followed us before but this time she faked us out by following us initially, but then when we weren't paying attention she snuck back to the coffee table and ate all of Tom's salad off his plate.

Hey, at least she chose a healthy meal for her girlish figure!

5 Comments:

  • Wow! Adler's world has changed now with a baby brother. Being home for the next 11 weeks, you'll (Karyn) be observing a lot of behaviors on both Austen and Adler's part. Your blog is a great way to share how you, Tom and Adler will be "Raising Austen." Enjoy!

    p.s. good looking kid!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:39 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:57 AM  

  • Welcome back Adler's Mom. I look forward to all the new Adler/Austen stories. Keep up the great work.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:01 AM  

  • I'm so happy that Adler is doing well with Austen. I can't wait for more pictures!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:26 AM  

  • I'm so glad to see Adler is getting acquainted with Austen. We can't wait to see more pictures, with updates on how they are doing!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home