Three Kids and a Dog

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Adler Steals Donald Duck

We knew it would happen sometime. Adler would have to learn to distinguish her toys from Austen's.

This past weekend, Austen received a Donald Duck doll from his grandparents. Of course when you squeeze the hand it talks like Donald Duck and says three different phrases in that raspy, duck voice. Adler was intrigued by this when we brought Donald home.

I placed Donald on top of Austen's Pottery Barn lion rocker telling Adler that this was not her toy and to stop licking Donald. She did. However, this morning Adler is nowhere in sight but I hear the faint jiggling of the tags on her collar down the hall in our bedroom. Sounds to me like she is playing with one of her toys, right?! Wrong. I call her and she comes bounding down our long hallway like a tiger who has just caught its prey - except she's a dog with a duck in her mouth. Yup, that's right. She had poor Donald by the throat and promptly drops him at my feet.

So I tell her no and place Donald back on his rocker. Later that afternoon I'm in Austen's room changing him. Adler follows me in there and I notice her quickly scamper out of the room. I thought I saw something white in her mouth too. I whip around the other way to glance at the lion rocker and sure enough Donald is missing! "Adler!," I yelled. She promptly drops Donald like a dead bird in the hallway and runs over to me to suck up.
Have I ever mentioned that Adler hates to be yelled at?! She immediately sits on your feet and tries to get back in your good graces. Of course with a face like Adler's, this takes only about 30 seconds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home