Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, February 24, 2019

Sadie's New Couch

When Adler was alive we never let her on the couch or the bed. When Sadie came along, we continued to say no to the bed but as with your second and third child, our rules got a little less rigid and we allowed her to sit on only one part of the couch. It happened to be the chaise part of the couch that I always used so if anyone was going to complain about her being up there, it was going to be me. And I didn't mind, snuggling up to the warmth of her 110 pound body on a cold winter night. 

Well, we decided to move that couch up to our Michigan beach house in December so for almost two months, we had no couch in the living room - just a few chairs and the floor. I swear Sadie was thinking, "What the hell did you do with my couch?" So imagine her glee when just last week, they delivered not one but two couches (one was a mistake and free) to my house with two chaises! Well, she didn't know which one to sit on (and I didn't know how to set up my family room to try to accommodate both. I'm still working on that!). 

I swear she hasn't moved off the couch since they arrived. She probably likes the placement of them better than the old one because she can see the whole kitchen from her perch. It's a good thing I love her so much because I'm not entirely loving the fact that there's an abundance of dog hair (shedding season) all over my new couch!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home