Three Kids and a Dog

Monday, February 04, 2019

Hailey's Trip to Boston

Ready for Takeoff!
Each time one of my kids turned 5, I took them solo on a trip to Boston with me. It started with Austen when I had a work trip there and what better present than to skip schools for a few days and have mommy all to yourself. I followed with Peyton's trip shortly after she turned 5 and just a few months after I "retired" from working. Now it was Hailey's turn and I couldn't very well leave her out of this tradition.

So I booked a trip last week to spend a few days with my aunts, uncle and cousins. We talked, we ate, we drank, we ate, we talked some more, we ate. Did I mention we ate? Lot of eating but then again we are Italian!

We missed the deep freeze in Chicago sending temperatures plummeting into the negatives and helped celebrate one of my aunts 84th birthday. Hailey got lots of attention. She ate my Grandma's famous lasagna (made by my cousin) and homemade pizzelles (made by my aunt); she got a Vanilla Bean at Starbucks; rolled out some pizza dough at Bertuccis and helped my aunt eat her chocolate birthday cake; she visited a cute (kids) bookstore and she rode two airplanes and was especially patient when we sat on the tarmac upon arrival home because flights were so backed up because of the weather that there were no available gates.

It was a nice trip to Boston to round out my solo trips with each kid. It was nice to see my family. And, it was nice to spend a little more time with my youngest.

Happy Birthday!

Family!

Birthday Love!

I Love This Book (or really Peyton does)!
Nothing Like My Big Brother's Favorite Starbucks Drink!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home