Three Kids and a Dog

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Thankful and Blessed

It seems like Thanksgiving was so long ago already and I didn't want to not post about this Thanksgiving because it's often a time to reflect upon what I'm most grateful for in my world.

Of course at the top of my list was my family. My three healthy kids who are my world and even more so this year, I'm hugging them a lot tighter, giving them lots of kisses and lingering a lot longer at bedtime to chat with them about the day or read them an extra page of that book. (Maddox is never too far from my thoughts each day as I see my friend and her family grapple with their grief and moving on without their youngest son. I can't even imagine.)

I'd be remiss not to mention my husband as part of this too. The perfect partner for me. He's easygoing, intelligent,  hardworking and a really great dad. He's present and involved in our kids' lives. So much so that they are not used to him being gone if he's traveling for work or with friends. I am blessed to have such a great husband and father to my kids.

Family also means my extended family. My parents, my siblings, my nieces and nephews, all my in laws. Family is great during the holidays and even though we all have our own issues, strengths and weaknesses, I'm blessed to have them all in my life and bring different ideas and perspectives to a conversation. We may not all be alike but that's what makes these family events interesting.

And of course I can't not mention my family on the east coast who I continue to write this blog for weekly. That's how they know what's going on in my life and with my kids. I have wonderful memories of many holidays with my aunts, uncles, grandparents and cousins. And, even though we didn't live close most of the time, I feel close to them and really enjoy seeing them and spending time with them when I can. Love you guys and miss you!

Last but not least, I'm grateful for my friends. It's often said friends are the family we choose for ourselves. I have so many different groups of friends. My soccer friends who I grew up with, my high school friends, my college friends, my work friends, my mom friends from school, my mom friends from soccer - so many! I am blessed beyond words. They are my advisors, therapists, sharer of many memories and those who know me best whether it's been 35 years or 1 year.

These people - all of them - make life meaningful. So I will close with this wonderful verse that will go somewhere in my beach house because during the holiday season we all need a little reminder of being a little more compassionate, a little more empathetic and a little more understanding.

"Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love."

Ephesians 4:2  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home