Three Kids and a Dog

Monday, December 10, 2018

My Little Elves

Christmas is such a busy time of year. There's buying all the gifts, wrapping the presents, parties galore and just the usual holiday traditions like tree cutting, making Xmas cookies and viewing the magnificent light displays. And of course you can't forget sending the Xmas cards.

Christmas cards take hours to do. It may seem easy to throw it together but for those of you who have done it, it's not. You need to find the right card and then figure out which photos to use and if they fit in the portrait style of the card or do you need to select different photos because your card is in landscape version. Hours literally.

Then you need to update the list. Who has moved. Who do I need new addresses for. Who do I need to add. Who do I need to delete.

So by the time I get around to sending the cards, I'm over it already. So this year, I enlisted the help of my three little elves. With almost 200 cards to send, it was going to be a long process if I had to do this by myself.

I gave each of them a lesson in what I wanted them to do. First was the stuffing. Austen was assigned to that and did fine. Hailey then affixed the return address label and did a great job. Peyton was in charge of sealing the envelopes. All went well on Day 1 and I was impressed with how meticulous Hailey was with placing that return address label.

On Day 2, Austen was in charge of placing the "to" address labels, Hailey put on the stamps and Peyton was at her tumbling class so she missed most of the holiday labeling but helped both of them out when she returned. I was most worried about Hailey doing the stamps. I didn't want to be wasting a bunch of stamps if she put them on wrong so I was keeping an eye on her. But, who I really should have been keeping an eye on was Austen! Where he stuck the address label was almost up by the return address label! Who knew I had to keep an eye on my almost 12 year old. Jeez!

At any rate, the cards got done, the kids helped out and I was grateful for their assistance albeit not perfect. They just better not get sent back to me (or Austen will be redoing all of them)!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home