Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, August 19, 2018

We Love Our Sadie

The dolphin cookie for Sadie
I haven't written in awhile about Sadie so I thought she deserved some face time.  She continues to be a happy dog and she's settled in nicely to her 2.5 years. She loves to go for R-I-D-E-S (we have to spell it because to say it gets her too excited unless you're ready at that moment to take her with you!) in the car and travels really well but we've yet to bring her on a big road trip with us because she's much too big and takes up a lot of space!

How did Adler get to go on so many trips, I wondered, but we can't fit Sadie? Well, first, I guess she's a lot bigger! About 30 pounds bigger than Adler. Second, we didn't have 3 kids most of Adler's life when we traveled so there was a little bit more space for her. And, third, Adler didn't chew my seat belts in the back of my car so I didn't have to replace them regularly much to my dismay!

But, while we are away, we are always thinking of her and bring her back treats that the kids picked out for her like a dolphin cookie or a peanut butter doughnut from the dog bakery. She had such fun eating them both and the kids were so excited to give them to her.

At 2.5 years, she finally decided (with a nudge from us) to stop sleeping in her crate at night in our bedroom (so glad I don't have that huge thing in my room anymore!). We rolled out Adler's old pillow and she's adjusted nicely to sleeping on that and then moving to the cold bathroom floor when she's hot. In the morning, like Adler, she usually waits for us to wake up even though Hailey will try to get her to go downstairs with her. Sometimes she'll rest her head on the side of the bed inches from my face and then I'll feel this tongue lick my eye or some part of my face. What a sweet way to wake up!

She's growing up our Sadie. Her foot dragging hasn't gotten much better so it's still short walks for her. But she sees a chiropractor for some cold laser therapy every month or so and her condition hasn't gotten worse. She can still run and play with us (just not with other dogs where she'll overdo it) and she's happy. That's all we can ask for as I think this dog is going to live a long life with all of her surgeries and therapies she put us through in her first 2 years. At least I can only hope!





This doughnut looks sooo good! And it's a doggie doughnut!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home