Three Kids and a Dog

Monday, June 12, 2017

Hailey Goes To Camp

Hailey started camp today. I was a little worried about signing her up since really the only school that she has known has been her Montessori school but she's been doing great going to soccer each week (even though I sit on the sidelines) and she doesn't know anyone there. I thought it would be good for her to be exposed to a different environment and make new friends especially as she transitions to a new classroom at Montessori school next year.

So I've been talking up camp since I signed her up a few months ago and she seemed okay with it. Last week we went to meet her counselor and grab her camp bag and again she was happy to go and see where camp was going to be. She was even happier when she got the camp calendar and Mickey Mouse day was going to be on Wednesday!

Still I wasn't sure how today was going to go. I walked her in with Austen and Peyton. We met her counselor and then she was supposed to play or color while all the parents dropped off their kids. This is where she became a little worried and I thought it best to make a quick exit. I said a quick goodbye then turned and walked out the door and around the building, peeking in the windows to see how she was doing (great as she was still coloring!).

When I picked her up, she was happy and excited about her morning at camp. I'm not sure she talked a lot at camp but she definitely observed, had a little fun and most importantly is excited to go back tomorrow!
Waiting to go into camp

Okay, I'm here now what do I do?

Okay, I'm going to color and I'm not really sure about this place but I'm not going to cry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home