Three Kids and a Dog

Monday, April 17, 2017

The Longest Easter

Easter started at 6:30am for our family because 7:30am was the only mass we could attend if we wanted to be at Grandma's by 11am. Keep in mind, I don't even wake up at 6:30am during the week! So it was a bit of a rough start getting everyone out of the house by 7:25am to get everyone to church on time. Good thing it's not a popular mass and we didn't have to go early for seats. I guess that's the benefit of attending the earliest mass on Easter Sunday. The kids were all great and came home to our own Easter egg hunt and their first Easter baskets. Although the yard was a little wet from an early morning rain, they still managed to track down their Easter eggs although Hailey was not thrilled picking up muddy eggs - she refused more than once even though they were Dinosaur Easter eggs.

After our hunt, off we went to Grandma Lou's house for a big brunch and the infamous big Easter egg hunt. Austen and Mark were not going to win this year as Grandma hid their eggs pretty well and went easy on the rest of us. Hailey placed second with Auntie Nina while Peyton and Uncle Mark scored third. First went to Papa and John John! Even a bad hip/knee couldn't slow him down although he was cited for not following the rules! The kids enjoyed big Easter baskets from Grandma too with lots of candy and toys. Too soon it was time to leave as we rushed home to get Sadie and bring her to Grandma Szurgot's house for our final Easter stop. We ate more, played cards, a bean bag game and they had another Easter hunt and an Easter basket with more candy!

I think it may have been the longest Easter on the books for us! I think we were all tired when we finally got back to our house about 8:30pm.
I found my Easter basket!

I found mine in the laundry room!


Easter hunt with "good hair" compliments of her cousin Ryan

I love Mickey Mouse and Grandma got me a Mickey Easter basket

I'm pretty happy because I got a lot of toys and candy!

Look at my Easter basket - I got a Blackhawks one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home