Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, February 07, 2016

Peyton Learns to Read

When I was a child I loved to read. I still do to this day although I don't have as much time to do so with young children a foot. But, I still get the feeling of peace and bliss when I walk into a bookstore or a library or even a card store.  I love being transported in my mind to another place and time and seeing the story unfold on the TV in my brain.  

So it is with great pleasure that I tell you that Peyton is reading. She started a few weeks back and has been encouraged by her effort and breakthrough that she is always asking us if she can read to us now. She has been reading so regularly now that she has quickly moved from the A level to the B level in reading at school. Her books are getting longer and the words harder but still she doesn't give up! 

The other piece of reading is the comprehension. I still do read to her too, and we just finished the book selected by the PTO. I read it to both Austen and Peyton, and I have to say Peyton scored as well or better than Austen in explaining the story and answering questions about it. 

To say I am not worried in the least by this child moving on to first grade is an understatement. She's going to do just fine!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home