Three Kids and a Dog

Monday, January 05, 2015

Exhausting

That's what people don't tell you about Disney World. Early mornings, late nights and lots of walking. It's kind of like Europe for kids. And, of course it costs a fortune if you're going to do it right so you had better maximize your time there which means spending as much time as you can at each of the parks.

We had a four-day park hopper and I honestly can say by day four I had had enough. I actually probably had enough at day one but that was probably due to lack of sleep, early morning travel and my kids whining that they wanted to go to the pool or buy toys at the gift shops. They weren't all that interested in the rides as they were too scared of most of them. We had to force them to go on the ones we had fast passes for often tricking them into it. Peyton was so scared by Mickey's Magic show that she was shaking as she sat on my lap asking me when it was going to be over. (It was far from scary although the theater was dark and it was in 3D so things popped out at us.) I did actually get her to do It's a Small World which she loved and made us do twice. Both of them also rode the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (a family roller coaster) but that was day four and somehow they warmed up to the parks by then. Maybe it was because I worked pool time into our day.

So for someone who never drank the Disney Kool Aid and for the record, I am still not, here's what I will say about it...I did it. Check. I won't go back. Mostly because I think my kids would have enjoyed a beach vacation over walking 30 miles in four days. Too bad for Hailey because she won't remember it but she was the one I actually got a kick out of watching enjoy it. She was scared of the characters like the princesses and the beast who approached her but she squealed with delight at the Lion King show and rides like the tea cups, It's a Small World and the Carousel. She was just such fun to watch. *(Maybe I'll go on the Disney Cruise for you, Hailey.)

When all is said and done, we did make a lot of memories including celebrating Peyton's 5th birthday there. She got all made up for her dinner with the princesses that night.



Meeting the characters - note Hailey's head whipping around so fast!




The rides - these pictures made me laugh out loud! My kids were so terrified. 



 Posing for some fun "magic shots."



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home