Three Kids and a Dog

Monday, December 22, 2014

Is Hailey Walking?



That's the question I get almost regularly now. So for the record, at almost 14 1/2 months, Hailey still is not walking. She has started to stand on her own from a sit for almost 20 seconds or so.  Not sure she'll beat Peyton starting to walk at 15 months. Austen was 13 months. Several months ago, I predicted 16 months for her so we'll see who wins. 

If she were my first, I might be worried but all of my kids walked when they were ready.  She's almost there as she's displaying all the right moves to walking.  For now though she is the fastest crawler - of my three anyway. That includes on the stairs! She's very fast going up them and scary fast going down them. In fact, she'll slide backwards on her belly almost the whole way down. And, she thinks it's fun! Maybe she will be my daredevil who doesn't bat an eye at riding roller coasters or going in Haunted Houses. One thing I know for sure, she's going to be able to hold her own. She may be the youngest of my three but she's already very vocal when one of the other two are bothering her! Case in point, I'm driving the car one day as Hailey was eating a little snack (yes, I can see her in her mirror). Peyton was sitting next to her on her way to school where they eat lunch first. All of a sudden, Hailey starts shrieking. I look in the backseat and Peyton is grinning from ear to ear and eating Hailey's goldfish. Hailey wasn't too happy about sharing her food and Peyton was only too happy to annoy her! Best of friends when they get older or worst of enemies? Not sure yet. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home