Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Brainwashed

I can't believe how much Austen has brainwashed Peyton. My little girl who used to like to play dress up and with her babies (and still does sometimes but usually when Austen isn't home) now has an affinity for anything her big brother likes.

Think Legos for boys, ninjas, ninja movies, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Matchbox cars, and the list goes on. There used to be a time where I was fed up with them not agreeing on which movie to watch as they fought to get their own way but now, Peyton is begging to watch Ninjago or The Turtles or some other boy movie. When she comes home after school, she is the first one to ask Austen, "Want to play Legos?"  Maybe it's just impressing her big brother that she's into and not all this boy stuff. 

She does idolize him and loves to play with him. Today, Austen had a play date with a friend in the city and she was very upset that he wasn't going to be home to play with her.  She plays very nicely by herself in the mornings when I have just her and Hailey and I have to say she doesn't miss Austen. But, when he is around she is all about him. Now I too have an older brother and I remember having Star Wars action figures and watching the movies but I don't think I was ever this extreme! 

I have to say, I think Peyton going to her own school has done wonders for her independence and confidence this year. It has been good for her to be separated from Austen and to have her own space and time alone. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home