Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, September 08, 2013

House Update

So here's the big news on the house. It's not going to be done in time for the baby to be born. Heck it's not even going to be done in time for Halloween or my 40th birthday. So much for trying to plan anything these days. All I can say is good thing that I am having my third kid and not my first because I think I would be a basket case because I really have absolutely nothing ready for this kid.

At any rate, the brick is on the front and sides. The siding went up on the back. The inspections for electrical, plumbing, etc. are all passed and the drywall should begin this week. New schedule anticipates a Nov. 6 move in date. Great. Three weeks post giving birth and the thing that I will be doing is unpacking with a newborn and a 3 1/2 year old by my side. I'm sure people do this. In fact, I know they do but seriously, it's not my idea of enjoying my maternity leave! I'd rather be out shopping for new things for my baby and my house! Not getting it organized. Maybe I can hire someone to do it for me. I'll have to look into it.

With this big shift in the timeline for the new house, it looks like we won't be revealing the gender of the baby until he/she is born. In fact, according to the new schedule, painting, etc. won't even need to be done before the birth so looks like there's no need to open and reveal the gender. So you'll all just have to wait to find out until the baby is born!

On a positive note, through all this craziness we have some great things to look forward to - a new house and a new baby. We haven't lost sight of how blessed we are to have both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home