Three Kids and a Dog

Monday, October 14, 2013

Introducing the Final Addition to Our Family



The final addition to our family, Hailey Kate, entered into this world on Friday, Oct. 11 at 10:18 a.m. She weighed in at 6 pounds, 14 ounces and measured 19 inches long. The smallest of our three kids at birth, Hailey actually arrived the earliest so to be fair she had a few days on Peyton and more than a few days on Austen. Still she was only about 4 ounces behind Austen and 6 behind Peyton.

She was my third c-section (second one scheduled) and for me, I have thoroughly enjoyed having a planned c-section especially with other children. It makes planning fairly easy. The delivery went very well and quick in my opinion. Despite about a 90-minute delay on a miscommunication on time between my practice and the hospital, it still went smoothly. I received my epidural about 9:40 a.m. and was back in my room by 11 a.m. I think they pulled her out within the first 15 minutes after my epidural took effect. I couldn't believe how quick it went was my first thought and I couldn't wait to get into recovery to see her. 

We spent three wonderful days in the hospital with visitors and getting to know her. So far she seems
like a pretty mellow baby. She rarely cries - more fusses when she's tired or hungry and just seems like a happy baby. 

Her big brother, Austen, and big sister, Peyton, came to meet her when she was three days old. They were both rather reserved in greeting her but were excited it was a girl (especially Austen who wanted the bigger room).  They are interested but only for a short while then go back to whatever it was they were doing. 



We brought Hailey home from the hospital today and the one thing they both were really interested in doing was helping me change her diaper. Very funny considering neither of them was all that interested in feeding her. Austen didn't even want to hold her at first. Peyton did then he said he would. 

Adler also greeted Hailey with more than a few kisses on her hands and one big one on her face. Hailey didn't seem to mind. I'm sure Adler is thinking - not another one! 



So my blog has effectively changed names again to Three Kids and a Dog.  Hard to believe when I started writing this just over 7 years ago that I would be writing about my family of five plus Adler. 
But here we are feeling lucky and blessed all at the same time.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home