Three Kids and a Dog

Sunday, April 07, 2013

I'm Not Wearing that Shirt!

Ever since Peyton turned three, she's definitely let it be known what she will and what she won't wear.  This is especially troubling for me as I'll admit, I'm a little bit of a control freak about my kids' clothes. I want to make sure that wherever they go, they look presentable and somewhat match. I've been lucky with Austen. He's six and so far has rarely challenged me about what I put out for him to wear. I chalk it up to being a boy. He could care less about clothes aside from the occasional comment about having to wear constricting jeans.

Peyton is an entirely different story. I had to take all the clothes out of her cubby in the bathroom at school because she would go in there and just change clothes a few times a day because she felt like it or because she didn't want to wear that shirt, pants, socks, etc.

I have to watch her in her bedroom too because she'll go downstairs and totally change her clothes to what she wants to wear including putting on a different pair of inappropriate shoes (think sandals in the middle of winter). I thought a good compromise was letting her pick out her pajamas for bed. She does this every night and I have no problem with this, as long as they match! But now she's weighing in on what I put out for her for school so I have to get her buy in for the clothes she wants to wear that week...and usually what she picks has some meaning.  For example, on Mondays she likes to pick shirts or underwear that have something to do with ballet since she has ballet on Mondays.

I can only imagine the clothes battles we will have when she gets older if it's starting at age three! Can't wait for those.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home