Three Kids and a Dog

Monday, August 11, 2008

The Terrible Twos Start Early


No one told me that the terrible twos would begin way earlier than age 2 and last longer as well. Well, at officially 19 months of age my son has a case of the terrible twos. Take a recent afternoon where within 20 minutes, I was telling Austen to -

*quit playing with the bathtub faucet where he enjoyed sticking his hand underneath the water making it spray everywhere including on him;

*get out of my china cabinet which he had opened and proceeded to pull out my crystal glasses;

*stop destroying my coffee table centerpiece which includes what he thinks are balls for playing catch; and

*get down from climbing up on a small step ladder in my closet and almost causing what I'm sure would have been a nice big bump on his head.

This is just a snapshot of his recent antics, I can't even count how many temper tantrums he's had over the last month. And, I thought boys were so easy. Boy (no pun intended), was I ever wrong.

1 Comments:

  • He's finally acting like a normal kid! It always makes us other moms feel better when we hear stories like this - we then know it's not just our kids!

    Hang in there! It gets better around 4 years of age!

    By Blogger Busy Mom, at 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home