Three Kids and a Dog

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Leaving Austen and Adler

In about three hours, I will be heading for San Diego. This is my one long trip that I have to do for work every year. I won't be back til next Wednesday so that means leaving Austen and Adler for a week. Adler is used to my work travel and is always excited to see me when I return but I'm curious to see how Austen will react to not seeing me for a week. I'm curious to see how I will react too! Now, I know what it feels like to miss Adler but being without Austen is a whole new ballgame - at least for this long. Tom and I talked about him bringing Austen out for part of the time but it's just not worth it as we have little if any free time during the week so I think they'll all be more comfortable staying at home.

Anyway, wish Tom luck. He'll do fine. (I already quizzed him on what Austen eats and set out all the clothes Austen should wear for the next week - I hope the weather doesn't change!) And, wish me luck - I'm already counting the days til I get to come home and pick up Austen at daycare and see Adler and of course Tom.


PS. To Tom...good luck, I love you and I hope you have a great week and enjoy spending time with our two great gifts.

3 Comments:

  • Okay, so I have arrived and am staying at a boutique hotel owned by Kimpton Hotels. They are pet friendly and there keycards have a Berner on them so I can be reminded every day of Adler and home!! I think they are just trying to torture me! Ha Ha.

    By Blogger Adler's Mom, at 9:10 PM  

  • thanks honey - all is fine here so far!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:12 PM  

  • I think you are coming home this morning. I hope you had a good week - I'm sure you can't wait to see your family! Tom, hope you had fun at music class on Saturday!:)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home