Three Kids and a Dog

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Who is Really Our First Kid?


As Tom and I sat outside last night on our new spacious back deck - Adler at our feet - Austen fast asleep in his crib - we talked about this blog and how one comment read that they were looking for a picture of Austen's teeth, not Adler's!

I mentioned how we've yet to take a picture of his first teeth, even though now it's been close to three weeks since Grandma first spotted his toothies coming in. However, as soon as Adler lost her first one, I was prying her mouth open to get the camera in there. I noted how many pictures we have of Adler from her first two years with us sans Austen. I can't remember the last time we broke out the camera for Austen or even Adler for that matter. Probably about a month ago (not counting this past week when I tried to use it but the batteries were dead or the time I brought it with me to the splash park, only to take absolutely no photos).
Anyway, Adler just may have more pictures of her growing up than Austen does to date. I guess, it's true, you're camera happy with the first one and then are lazier about taking them with the second. Even though Adler's a dog, I think this applies. Gotta go now and charge the camera - Austen is only 6 1/2 months old so we still have time to catch up!

5 Comments:

  • That's funny. I was a third kid and there are barely any pictures of me. It seems the only time I was photo worthy was when I broke a bone and walked around in a cast. Fortunately, it didn't scar me too badly.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:46 AM  

  • You might also notice that being second, like I also was, is that any time you do get camera time you almost always have to share it with the first. I bet most of your pictures of Austen also have Adler, and if not Adler a toy of Adler. Austen just can't win in the picture department. Good thing we know he wins in all the really important ones.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:56 PM  

  • I would like to see more pictures of Austen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:52 PM  

  • Remember this blog was about Adler first! Adler was nice enough to share her blog time with Austen, but I will try to post more pictures of Austen or Austen with Adler.

    By Blogger Adler's Mom, at 10:47 PM  

  • Gee, normally it is the pet that gets pushed aside when a kid comes.....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home