Three Kids and a Dog

Monday, June 01, 2020

And That's a Wrap!

E-learning is finished for this school year (let's hope we don't have a repeat of it in the Fall). Hailey is now officially a first grader, Peyton is on to fifth grade and Austen is a rising eighth grader. To me they still seem like my little kids but it's hard to deny now that Austen has passed me up by more than a few inches and his voice is changing too. Peyton has gotten so tall as well and has grown out of every single piece of clothing she wore last summer. I think she's going to pass me up in height somewhere in her 5th grade year. Hailey's hair has grown so long, I can't wait til she gets her hair cut at the end of the month and she's already starting to wear size 7 clothes. The pediatrician thinks my girls will be about 5'6" so way taller than me.

Tomorrow we drive through the elementary and middle school car lines to drop off and pick up school items. How bittersweet this school year ended. I feel like my younger two especially did not get the time that they should have had with some really great teachers. But time moves on. Peyton is starting to bike alone with her friends to town and the park. She's happy to be with her friends again and having some newfound freedom as a fifth grader has been an extra bonus (although I caught her and her friend today trying to cross in the middle of the street/railroad tracks in our downtown because the sidewalk was under construction instead of heading back to the crosswalk to go on the other side).

Austen has been venturing out with friends riding his bike and has played some golf since the "shelter in place" has lifted but starting today he won't have the kind of time he's enjoyed to just hang out. Soccer practice three times per week started up for him tonight and baseball practice starts tomorrow. Both travel leagues hope to squeeze in a mini season in July and August to make up for no spring season. So life is busy again as I've had to start using my real calendar now too!

Things are a little back to normal too as people are more lax about being out and about but masks are commonplace for sure now. The kids all have one and I'm thinking about buying a few so they match our outfits (kidding, but I think it would be nice to try out a few to see which are more comfortable as I think we'll be wearing them for awhile). I had to doctor mine up because I liked hooking it around the ear better than the ones that need to be tied around the head - especially for girls/women as it messes with your hair too much.

Looking forward to the start of summer for us and spending some time in the sun at the lake in Michigan (now that our garage and our entire house - well, almost, is cleaned out!).

Bring on summer! Hoping the second half of 2020 is better than the first 6 months!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home